Que.... discouragement and frustration, please!!!
Well, you see that was my old way of doing it. I am in the process of teaching myself to take baby steps. That is one of the reason why, I was avoiding my kitchen reorganization. I knew once I started...
- I would want it to be finished in a day. (Not going to happen, nor should it)
- The old me would get half way thru the process and get discourage, which means stop
- One area would impact another area, enter frustration. (Must create stopping points)
So for the last 2 weeks, I have been baby stepping through my kitchen. Things ARE better, but I keep reminding myself it is not done..... and that is o.k.
The Utensil DrawersDisorganized utensil drawers can be huge time wasters. At any give time when cooking, I would need to look in a minimum of 3 drawers for the needed utensil. This could take me 2 or 3 minutes, as I look through the drawer, that is if I can find it. More time if I can't which happens quite often.
So I empty all my utensil drawers....
How in the world did I end up with 3 meat thermometers This picture was taken after I did some purging and did not include the silverware that I sorted and purged. However, this is a great example of how being unorganized can cost you time and money. Yes, I had 3 meat thermometers, really!
Here are the before and after pictures of my silverware drawer and my general utensil drawer.
For my silverware, I empty and CLEANED, my silverware tray. The blue basket I had and the white one I got for .50 cents at the grocery store.
For my general utensil drawer, I got the white tray for about 3.00 at target and the black basket were also, .50 cents.
Remember the baby steps. There are two other drawers I am working on and I will post about later.
Better, but not done!
SpicesBefore, my spices were spread out between two cabinets. They were hard to see. Some were pushed into the back.
Below, these are our bulk spices, they took up to much room. I am in the process (not done) of putting them into smaller jars and labeling them. Blog post to come on that!.
As I empty out the spice cabinets, it became clear pretty quickly. There were numerous spices where I had multiple jars. This is pictures is just representing a few --------->
I purged by checking the expiration dates, then I combined some. Some I just had to bite the bullet and toss them.
|This is the current state of my spices.|
Better, but not done. And that is o.k.
To be continued....