Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Learning To Use A List

List are not a new concept for me, of course, I use a grocery list or general shopping list. But that has been the extent of my success with using list.  The list I am talking about are house hold cleaning to do list, project to do list, routine list.  It would start with the best of intentions, yet by day 2 I would be lucky if I could find the list. Sometimes it was because I exhausted myself on the first day that I did not CARE where the list was.

Fast forward to ..... the pass several months I have been on a organizing mission in my house, you can see some to the results here and here,  and now I find myself needing to make list.  Hmmm... how is it going to work THIS TIME.

Well, I think after a couple of weeks I may be on the verge of a break through.
  1.   I discovered the "list in my head" and moved it to paper..er .. my list app.  By this I mean, what am I already doing that I could make into a list.  (i.e. every morning I put in a load of laundry, after breakfast I clean up the kitchen)  So I used these items as a starting point for my daily to do list.
  2.  Keep It Simple... Sally. (Yes, KISS)  Simple and specific. One of the reason I would wear myself out is I would put on my list very general items like clean the bathroom, instead of clean the bathroom SINK.  Huh, this seems makes a difference. You can check things off faster if it only takes a few minutes to do it.
  3. It does not have to be perfect, just better to qualify as DONE!

I have an app on my Kindle Fire that seems to be working for me so far. I have multiple list specific list going.  Here is my version of a "screen shot"...


This is just the start.... wait until I become more skilled at using these things....


...oh my goodness, what next??  Maybe I'll make schedule and stick to it

I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment