Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday's Project: Laundry Room Cabinet

If you remember in this post, I described my laundry room/mud room/utility room.  It was basically a dumping ground for things I did not want in the kitchen and/or items that needed to go to the garage.  Also, if you will remember, this serves as the back entry to our house.  The main entry that the family uses, so imagine coming home everyday and the first thing you see, a room of clutter.  Needless to say it was wearing on me, but progress has been made.  I have tamed the cabinet that is the utility part of the room. Here are the before and after pictures.


Now, mind you I am not a "natural" organizer and the concept of putting things into containers is a relatively new concept for me and I love it.  This is my first attempt at sorting and putting like with like. *gasp* I know what can I say, I am a late bloomer.


Silly me, I forgot to take a before picture of the bottom half of the cabinet, but trust me it looked very much like the top half. Here is my after pictures:


I would just like to point out a few things in the cabinet that might look odd. The stack of tile, belongs to the house and I am not moving it so I am just working around it. (We Rent).   The container with the "grass" like substance....  it is timmy hay.  Did I mention we have guinea pigs?  I will certainly be talking about them in future post.

That's is it for today.

2 comments:

  1. you have inspired the spring cleaning urge in me!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete